I could live off of pancakes. Pancakes have endless nutrition opportunities because you can add a lot: blueberries, strawberries, bananas, raspberries, chocolate chips, zucchini (yes, I said zucchini)! These pancakes are perfect for breakfast or dinner. They are high in protein and fiber and absolutely delicious. This meal makes for a perfect prerun meal. Just remember you need to eat about 2-4 hours before a long run! This gives the protein and fiber time to digest. Lastly, top with a light syrup or Agave sweeter.If you cannot finish them all, freeze for quick a breakfast throughout the week.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until dry spots are gone.
- Fold in blueberries or fruit of choice. Or you may choose to add the fruit when you begin the cooking process.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- If needed, lightly spray pan with cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup into pan and allow to cook until you see a little golden brown on the edges.
- Then flip and repeat!
Yields: 16 pancakes
Continue reading as I continue my mission: Healthy Huggins!
I love healthy pancakes and have been on the search for a good recipes (I've tried a couple disasters recently ha). These look so good! So glad you linked up with Jess and me! :)ReplyDelete
I have everything to make these YAY! Pinned it for the weekend :)ReplyDelete
Don't you just love that feeling of having a nicely stocked pantry?! =)Delete