January 26, 2017 in Mindful Eating Day learn more here.
- Approach eating with your health in mind
- Plan meals ahead of time
- Sit at the table when eating
- Before eating take a moment to look over your plate. Notice the color and the smells. When eating slow down and actually let yourself feel the texture and enjoy the taste.
- Slow down....no really SLOW DOWN
Try this exercise:
Next time you have a meal or a snack choose 1 item on your plate to answer the following questions.
- What color is the food?
- How does it smell?
- Describe the first bite (i.e. is it hot, spicy, juicy, slimy)?
- Count how many times you chew the first bite.
If you can, try this exercise with someone else so you can talk out your answers.
Great share! Mindful eating and doing exercises on a daily basis will help you a lot in order to keep your bodies in shape. Great shareReplyDelete