The Struggle continues...
I came home one day to find this in my freezer! Yup, fried fish fillets. It was like a cheesy horror movie as I screamed a loud. I know I'm pretty dramatic...
One week of not grocery shopping and this is what I get. My house smells like an elementary school cafeteria and my pantry & freezer looks as if we both should be 100 pounds over weight. Where have I gone wrong? Perhaps I should place fruit shaped sticky notes around the house reminding him how to make healthy foods choices. Well, at least you all listen!
Let's continue browsing through the pantry/freezer of heart disease!
- Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips- 2 bags
- Reese's Cups- 10 pack
- Twix- 10 pack
- Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- "Fat Free" Orange Sherbet ( that was for me, ha)
- White Garlic Bread Sticks
- Lucky Charms
- White Linguini
Just like in marriage, you always need to bring some good points up:
- Trail Mix (he made himself) Mixed nuts, M&M's, and raisins
- Low-fat Milk
- Peanut butter crackers
- Ground Turkey Meat
- Mozzarella cheese
I will give credit where credit is due...the candies were bite size, the Caprisun's are sugar free and I do love Lucky Charms =) In moderation of course! In some ways, I guess, he is picking up a little bit =)
Bullet Points for Amos
- Plan before you shop. Download a pre-made shopping list to be sure you make good choices. Yes, you might grab that bag of chips but counter that with more fruits and veggies! Download Here!
- Ask yourself "what's the benefit of this food?" Out loud, so people will look at you and wonder what you are doing...then you can share your health tip! I mean you will have to or they will think you are crazy. =)
- When able, Buy Fresh. Do it!
- Whole Grains when choosing pastas, cereals and breads. White bread confuses they body....it doesn't know what the heck to do with it so it just sends it to be stored as fat. Nice of your body huh?
- Moderation, Moderation, Moderation! People eat what tastes good, just give you body the nutrients it needs! Portion Control Reminder: Here!
I am pretty sure I'll be doing to the shopping from now on. Go now, print of that shopping list! Keep reading as I continue with my mission: healthy Huggins!
CHECK THIS OUT TOO!
Pick up a Tuscaloosa Bridal Directory if you are in the Tuscaloosa area! Terri Lane is a fabulous photographer and I highly recommend her services. Also, check my article inside!
It's good to know the food that you should avoid to maintain the health of your heart. Thanks for sharing. Take vitamins and supplements such as Lorna Vanderhaeghe always.ReplyDelete