Mindful eating-it's about staying in control
- Use your full attention when eating
- Understand hunger cues. Why are you about to eat? Are you truly hungry?
- Distinguish between satisfied vs. full. Your goal: being satisfied!
- Pay attention to how much you are eating- pre-portion (don't take the whole bag of chips with you-put some in a bowl)
- Take the time to taste the food- this will slow you down. Describe the food to yourself.
- Physically remove yourself from distraction--don't eat in front of the t.v., don't talk on the phone
- Notice how you feel when you get through eating-do you immediately regret what you just put into you mouth?
Last note: Don't buy what you know you will over indulge in!
Continue reading as I continue my mission: Healthy Huggins
Post a Comment